The vegan recipes below are some really delish and can be made quickly. We have a few recipes that will even take under an hour.
And for people who don’t have a lot of cooking skills like me it will take just more than an hour or two (but with all the hard-work we will have a delicious plate of food to dig in).
Read below for some of the yummy and easy-peasy recipes.
Let’s start with some Pasta with Creamy Avocado, yes you read it right Avocado!! It’s super creamy.
The ingredients you will need are:
- Pasta to serve.
- 2-3 garlic cloves (depending on your taste).
- 1 medium sized Avocado.
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Zest and juice of half a lemon.
- 1/3 cup of toasted and chopped walnuts.
- Salt (to taste).
- ¼ cup of fresh herbs (you can use basil or parsley, which ever you prefer).
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Now start by cooking you pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce by placing the garlic and pour in the lemon juice (not the zest) and olive oil in a food processor. Process until fairly smooth (Weeeee!!).
- Add in the remaining ingredients except the walnuts, pepper, parsley for garnish, pasta and the zest. Process until very smooth and creamy.
- Toss in the pasta in the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, pepper, lemon zest and walnuts and serve hot.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 Cauliflower.
- 2 Potatoes.
- 2 handfuls of shredded Cabbage.
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic. (as per you like)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Handful of chives.
- Salt (for taste).
- Chop the cauliflower, boil gill soft, and then drain it.
- Pitch the cauliflower in a blender, blend it with the cloves of garlic, a handful of chives and add in the vegetable stock.
- Chop the potatoes; boil them with the shredded cabbage, then drain.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pot. Add salt to taste.
Why not a vegan breakfast?? Vegan Pancakes, we like the sound of it. (Mmm-Mmm!!)
Ingredients we need are:
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour.
- 2 tablespoons white sugar.
- 2 teaspoons of baking power.
- 1 ¼ cups of water.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
*This recipe makes around 9-10 pancakes, chance servings accordingly.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk the water and oil together in another small bowl.
- Make a little well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the water and oil mix.
- Stir just until blended; the mixture should be a bit lumpy.
- Heat a lightly or non-stick griddle over a medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Time for some not your typical Chocolate Chip Cookies. But guess what? These are vegan and gluten-free cookies.
Ingredients for these yummy thin, crisp and chewy cookies are:
- 7 tablespoons Earth Balance (margarine- vegan butter).
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar.
- ¼ cup of organic cane sugar (or white sugar).
- 1 flax egg. (1 tablespoon ground flaxed mixed with 3 tablespoon water).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour.
- 1 cup almond flour.
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 350’C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together the flax egg in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the Earth Balance and oil in a electric mixer or a stand mixer and oil until fluffy.
- Add the sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Beat in the flax egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough in balls with wet fingers and place on the baking sheet.
- Shape the dough in balls with the wet fingers and place them on the baking sheet. The dough will be sticky but you don’t need to flatten the balls down.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly golden along the edges.
- Let them cool down for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer on a cool rack for 10-12 minutes more.
These are just a few of the many other recipes one can make. So now you can start with them and make your way in the world of Vegan foods. Vegan food is also very healthy and you can munch on it without any guilt trip!!